Monday 7 May 2012

Bloomin' marvellous

Azaleas in full bloom...
 I love the beginning of May - it's the time when both of our pink azaleas are normally in full bloom.  Don't they look stunning?  The photo doesn't even do it justice!

Just as I was looking out earlier today, a duck landed in our pond, had a little (very little) swim and then took off again.  How on earth he managed to spot our little pond from up in the air is beyond me :-)  Unfortunately, I only managed to take a quick snap through the closed door but at least I got a picture!

A visitor to the pond...
There seems to be lots happening in the garden!  Only yesterday did I notice one of the birds - a great tit - investigating our dog's tennis ball on the path and then picking off fibers which were no doubt destined to make the nest more comfortable for this year's offspring.  Again, I was amazed how this little creature realised that this strange object would be a good supplier of bedding but I guess nature never ceases to amaze :-).  I managed to shoot a little film but will have to tidy it up a bit to zoom in a more, so footage to follow...


No comments:

Post a Comment