Chorizo Chicken (serves 4)
6 - 8 chicken thighs (bone in with skin) or other chicken portions such as drumsticks, legs,...
150g chorizo sausage, cut into chunks
600g potatoes, cut into chunks (if using small new potatoes, just halve these)
1 red onion (peeled and roughly chopped)
1 - 2 bell peppers (any colour), deseeded & cut into chunks
1 tsp dried oregano
salt & pepper
Optional: a little orange zest
- Preheat the oven to 220°C (conventional oven).
- Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper and place into a large roasting tin together with the potatoes and chorizo.
- Sprinkle over the dried oregano and orange zest (if using) and place in the oven.
- After 15 minutes, add the peppers and red onion - that way they don't char too much by the time the dish is ready to eat.
- Every now and again, shake the tin or loosen any stuck bits.
- Cook for a further 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and slightly crispy (total cooking time 45 minutes)
- Serve with a simple salad and maybe some herb yoghurt or tzatziki.
(adapted from Nigella.com)