|Miso stir fry|
This was done in minutes (thanks to the cooked brown rice I already had) - you could also easily use quick cook noodles to make this satisfying dish. I felt really full afterwards (in a good way) and will definitely make this again. My kind of fast food!
Miso stir-fry (serves 1)
Ingredients (feel free to change these according to what you have):
- a little oil (sesame oil works great but any other will be fine)
- a clove of garlic
- a small piece of fresh ginger
- a small piece of fresh chilli
- a selection of vegetables cut into strips/pieces (I used broccoli, green bell pepper, mushrooms, carrot)
- one skinless salmon filet (ca. 100g) - you can replace this with chicken or other meat, tofu or leave it out completely
- 1 serving of cooked rice (or noodles if you prefer)
- 1 single serving sachet of instant miso soup
- some hot water
- a dash of soy sauce
- Heat the oil in a wok and once hot, add the salmon (if using), ginger, chilli and garlic as well as the vegetables.
- Stir-fry for a few minutes, then add the cooked rice to heat through.
- Sprinkle on the instant miso soup and add enough hot water from the kettle to make the broth (depending on how liquid you'd like it).
- Leave to simmer for a couple of minutes, then serve in a large bowl with a dash of soy sauce.