Wednesday 4 September 2013

Easy chicken burger recipe with a twist

Minding his own business
Doesn't he look cute, our cheeky dog?  No mishaps on this morning's walk, I am happy to say.

It's still quite warm and sunny here - the last few summer days.  I fancied something for my dinner yesterday that would somehow match the weather and made these lovely chicken avocado burgers.

Chicken burger
Packed with minced chicken, cubes of creamy avocado and crunchy tortilla chips, they had an additional kick from a squeeze of lime juice, a handful of coriander (cilantro) and  a bit of chilli.  Such an easy burger recipe but a nice change from the usual.
I think they would also work well with a bit of sweetcorn or black beans added to the mix, so I might try that next time.
Chicken Avocado burgers (makes 4 large burgers)

Ingredients:
500g minced chicken (breast or thigh or a mixture)
1 avocado, cubed
2 large handfuls of tortilla chips, crushed (not too small though, so you don't loose the texture)
1 large handful of fresh coriander (cilantro)
1 clove of garlic, minced
juice of half a lime
some chilli (amount depending on how hot you like it)

Method:
Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, form the mixture into 4 burgers and grill or fry until cooked throughout.

Serve with or without burger buns, salad and salsa and/or guacamole or a few tortilla chips on the side.

I squeezed some extra lime juice on top of the cooked burger which brought the flavours even more to life.


(recipe adapted from www.smokedngrilled.com)




4 comments:

  1. I love Chicken burger. I will try to make it. Thanks for sharing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am making this as soon as I can get the ingredients. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Rachel - I hope you will enjoy it! Haven't posted new stuff for a while but will do soon.

    ReplyDelete