|Rum truffle cake balls|
They remind me of my uncle and of sleepovers at the bakery - happy times!
Rum truffle cake balls (makes 8 balls - each rougly the size of a satsuma)
250g leftover cake (loaf cake, sponge, pound cake - nothing creamy though)
2 tbsp rum
2 tbsp rum flavouring
60 ml hot water
30g icing sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder
25g coconut oil, melted (optional - these will also stick together without the addition of the extra fat)
chocolate sprinkles for decoration
paper muffin cases
- Crumble the leftover cake into a bowl.
- Mix the hot water, rum and rum flavouring and pour over the cake crumbs. Mix to distribute evenly and leave to soak in for a little while. The flavour will continue to develop, so don't be tempted to add more rum at this stage.
- Melt the coconut oil (if using), leave to cool slightly and then mix together with the icing sugar and cocoa powder into the cake crumbs.
- Stir everything and form the mix into 8 balls (approx. 50g each). Roll in chocolate sprinkles, place in a paper muffin case and leave to rest in the fridge for a couple of hours.
- Remove from the fridge an hour before serving to allow to get to room temperature. Enjoy!