I forgot to take a picture when we had this a couple of days ago but as it is a frequent favourite, I will upload one soon. In the meantime, just imagine bread - crunchy on the outside but soft in the middle - topped with everything you love on a pizza and covered in bubbling cheese...mhm...;-) Can you picture it?
Ciabatta Pizza (serves 2 - 3 people)
1 ready-made ciabatta bread (the home-bake variety, approx. 270g)
2 tbsp tomato puree
1 ball of mozzarella cheese or enough cheese slices / grated cheese to cover the pizza
a choice of salami, ham, slices of peppers or whatever topping you fancy
Italian herbs (e.g. basil & oregano)
salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180c (fan oven).
- Cut the ciabatta horizontally and open up, so you have something resembling a couple of pizza bases.
- Spread the tomato puree evenly on the bread and season with the herbs and salt & pepper.
- Now add your topping - it's your pizza, so anything goes...salami,ham, slices of peppers, mushrooms...
- Top with cheese and finish off with another sprinkling of herbs.
- Pop on an oven grid and bake in the oven for approx. 12 -14 minutes or until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown & bubble.
- Serve hot either on its own or with a side salad.