I hope you have something fun planned for your weekend!
Burger Baguettes (serves 3, maybe 4)
1 pack "bake at home" baguettes (usually 2 in a pack, 200g in total)
400g mince beef (any other mince will also work although I haven't tried vegetarian mince with this)
1 medium onion, cut into small pieces
salt & pepper
a few gherkins, sliced
a few slices of cheese (enough to cover each piece of baguette)
|I made these recently - here's a picture guide...|
- Preheat the oven to 220C (conventional oven) / 180C (fan oven).
- In a bowl, combine the raw mince with the egg, onion, salt and pepper and breadcrumbs to form the burger "mix".
- Cut the baguettes in half and slice horizontally.
- Divide the burger mix evenly onto each piece of baguette, top with gherkins, then ketchup and finish off with cheese.
- Pop the burger baguettes in the hot oven and bake for 15 minutes.