The other thing I wanted to mention is that the lovely Jan at Softiesplace has nominated The Happy Larder for an award :-) Thank you Jan! Softiesplace is a lovely blog that is beautifully written from the heart - I hope you will go and check it out.
“The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It’s a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow.”
So, here are the 11 random facts about me:
- I have now lived longer in the UK than in Germany, the country I was born.
- I only have one kidney.
- My favourite food is mango (or maybe avocado).
- I hate wearing long-sleeved shirts under a suit jacket (luckily, no longer required since I quit my office job).
- I am one of five siblings.
- I don't know how to drive a car (never took lessons or a driving test).
- Eating cold sausages gives me the hiccups.
- I first came to the UK as an aupair & looked after three children.
- I cry when somebody wins something, especially in sports (happy tears).
- I ran two marathons (one in London, one in Paris).
- Our house was built in 1962 and is full of original furniture which luckily has now become fashionable again.
1.Where would you travel to for your dream vacation?
Makuleke in the north of Kruger National Park in South Africa. It is a place of stunning natural beauty, peace and wilderness.
2. What is your favorite dessert?
3. Do you prefer mountain views or ocean views?
I was brought up by the sea and live close to it now, so I guess it would have to be the ocean.
4. In how many different places have you lived?
11 (most of which were in different parts of London though).
5. Which do you prefer a wedding band or wedding set?
6. Did you have any input in choosing your wedding ring or was it a surprise?
We chose it together but my engagement ring was a surprise and it was perfect.
7. Saver or spender?
Oh, difficult one...I'd say saver as I hate shopping.
8. What is your favorite film or movie?
Oh, another difficult one...I love "Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe" but it depends on my mood really (I could watch "Hitch" any day).
9. Vintage or Modern?
Vintage (see random fact #11)
10. Do you have a favorite quote?
Not as such but I love the poem "Lost" by David Wagoner
11. What made you laugh or smile the most this week?
Keith the dog - he always does the funniest things and puts a smile on my face every day of the week.
I would like to nominate the following blogs - some I have been reading for a while, some I am new to but enjoy what I have read so far...:
At My September Cottage
Rock Cottage Year
Welsh Hills Again
Cabbage Tree Farm
Dreaming of a Simpler Life
Eco Footprint South Africa
Apologies if you have already received a nomination for this from another blogger or if you have more than the 300 followers - if you have time, it would be lovely if you took part (but no one will be offended if you can't or don't want to). So, here are my questions for the nominees:
- Why do you blog?
- What makes you happy?
- Marmite - love it or hate it (or don't know it)?
- What was your first pet?
- Starter or dessert?
- If you could have a superpower, what would it be?
- Red wine or white wine?
- Running or cycling?
- Are you left-handed or right-handed?
- Would you describe yourself as an optimist or pessimist (and why)?
- What is your favourite fruit?