|Oats ready for toasting in the oven|
|Seeds & fruit mix for granola|
- 150ml maple syrup
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional) - or replace with cinnamon
- 300g rolled oats
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 4 tbsp sesame seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 100g flaked almonds
- 100g dried berries (find them in the baking aisle)
- 50g coconuts flakes or desiccated coconut (optional)
- Heat oven to 150C/fan 130C/gas 2. Mix the maple syrup, honey and vanilla (or cinnamon if using) in a large bowl. Tip in all the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit and coconut, and mix well.
- Tip the granola onto two baking sheets and spread evenly. Bake for 15 mins, then mix in the coconut and dried fruit, and bake for 10-15 mins more. Remove and scrape onto a flat tray to cool. Serve with cold milk or yogurt. The granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to a month.