Saturday 12 January 2013

For the love of food

I love food.  Only before the age of six when I was ill and doctors prescribed a medicine to encourage my appetite did food not really play a major role in my life.  I now often joke that - as in "Asterix & Obelix" where Obelix fell into the magic potion - I probably fell into the medicine and haven't stopped thinking about food ever since.  I remember events by the food we ate.  My husband will say "Do you remember when we did this or that?" and I will usually answer something along the lines of "Yes, it was a Sunday and you had the pork and I had chicken supreme and sorbet for dessert.".

But not only do I love to eat food, I also love creating it.  And I am beginning to realise that good food doesn't have to be complicated with a long list of ingredients that no one can pronounce. Good food can be simple!  And as long as you have a good recipe to follow, cooking doesn't have to be scary either.  I am still learning and have not even scratched the surface of the cooking techniques out there but somehow that doesn't matter because the food I cook makes us feel happy and satisfied - can there a better reason for cooking?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment